Effective: March 22nd, 2022
Personal Information We Collect and How We Use It
Depending on your interactions with PrescriberPoint, we may collect the following PI:
- Business/Professional Contact Information (e.g., title, company name, business address, business email address, business phone/fax number);
- Personal Contact Information (e.g., personal address, personal email address, personal phone/fax, personal web/internet address);
- Online identifiers that correspond to your device(s) (e.g., personal IP [Internet Protocol] address, cookies, RFID, etc.);
- Geolocation information;
- Website Utilization and Social Media Use;
- Commercial Information, (e.g. purchasing, consuming history, or tendencies);
- Inferences Reflecting Preferences
We process/use Personal Information for the following business or commercial purposes:
- Compliance with legal or regulatory obligations (e.g., adverse event reporting, exercising or defending legal claims, financial disclosure reporting);
- Business and market research;
- Market research for our products and services;
- Marketing and sales of our products;
- Communicating information about our products, responding to requests and registration for services;
- Finance and tax activities;
- Statistical analytics;
- Event management;
- Contracting and business planning activities; and
- Administration of other legal and business processes that are in PrescriberPoint’s business interest, inclusive of company record retention, safeguarding our physical and electronic workplace, and website management.
PrescriberPoint may share your Personal Information with:
- PrescriberPoint employees and affiliates;
- Health care professionals;
- Vendors, suppliers, and contractors;
- Business partners; and
Government officials (e.g., law enforcement authorities, the courts, regulatory authorities).
Where permitted by law, PrescriberPoint may also enhance or merge information, including PI, with information obtained from third parties for the same purposes identified above. PI may also be used for profiling for the same purposes identified above.
You do not have to share your PI with us, but if you choose not to share your PI, we may not be able to provide you with certain information, products, or services.
Through this website, PrescriberPoint may:
- Collect your Name and Personal Contact Information if you opt in to receive communications (such as requests for information, responses to inquiries, newsletters, etc.). PrescriberPoint may also use this information to verify your relationship with PrescriberPoint and take other actions in order to respond to your request.
- Collect online identifiers that correspond to your device(s) that do not directly identify you in order to improve, manage and secure our website, network systems and other assets; verify your relationship with us; understand your interests and preferences; and take other actions that may be necessary to respond to your request.
- Analyze your website usage including the date and time of your website session, geographic location, how you have navigated the website, and other information collected through our web beacons, cookies, third-party and digital advertising, analytical tools such as Google Analytics®; and social media plug-ins. This information is collected for our legitimate business purposes.
Web beacons: A web beacon (also known as an “action tag” or “clear GIF technology”) is a tiny graphic on a web page or in an email message designed to track pages viewed or messages opened and allows the collection of web log information. Web log information is gathered by the computer that hosts our website (called a "web server") when you visit our website. We may use web beacons to help determine which email messages sent by us were opened and whether a message was acted upon. Web beacons also help PrescriberPoint analyze the effectiveness of our website by measuring the number of visitors to our site or how many visitors clicked on key elements of our site.
- Do Not Track: There are different ways you can prevent tracking of your online activity. One of them is setting a preference in your browser that alerts websites you visit that you do not want them to collect certain information about you. This is referred to as a Do Not Track (“DNT”) signal. Please note that currently our website and web-based resources do not respond to these signals from web browsers. At this time, there is no universally accepted standard for what a company should do when a DNT signal is detected.
Third-Party and Digital Advertising: We may partner with third-party advertising networks to manage our advertising on other sites. Our ad network partners may place cookies and web beacons and similar digital markers on your browser when you visit our websites to collect information about your activities over time on this and third-party websites, apps, and other online services, to provide you targeted advertising based upon your interests. We may also share PI about you with third parties in order to have those third parties, on our behalf, directly serve advertising to you on their websites.
- Opt-Out Provision: Google Analytics offers an opt-out provision for website visitors who do not want their data to be collected. You can receive more information about this option here.
Social Media Plug-ins: Our websites may use social media plug-ins to enable you to share information with others easily. When you visit our websites, the operator of the social media plug-in that is on our website can place a cookie on your computer that lets that operator recognize individuals on their website who have previously visited our sites. Social media plug-ins may allow social media websites to receive directly identifiable information about you that shows you have visited our website. The social media plug-in may collect this information for visitors, whether or not they specifically interact with the plug-in on our website. Social media plug-ins also allow the social media website to share information about your activities on our website with other users of their social media website. PrescriberPoint does not control any of the content from social media plug-ins. For more information about social plug-ins from social media websites, you should refer to those sites’ privacy and data-sharing statements.
This website is not intended for or designed for individuals under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect PI from any person under the age of 18, unless a parent or guardian provides consent.
Reasons We Share PI
We may share your PI with third parties in connection with work that they do for or with PrescriberPoint, for purposes consistent with those listed above. These third parties must agree to protect the PI and to use it only as directed by PrescriberPoint.
We may also be required to disclose your information in response to lawful information requests for PI by law enforcement authorities, the courts or regulatory authorities, including complying with national security or law enforcement requests.
How Long We Keep PI
PI will be saved for a period of time needed to fulfill legitimate and lawful business purposes in accordance with our record retention policies.
How We Secure PI
We provide reasonable physical, technical, and procedural safeguards to protect PI we work with and maintain. We limit access to PI to authorized employees and third parties who need access to carry out their assigned roles and responsibilities on behalf of PrescriberPoint. Although we strive to protect the PI we work with and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
If you have questions or comments regarding this Privacy Statement or our privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to Our Privacy Practices
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. When we do update it, for your convenience, we will make the updated statement available on this page. We will always handle your PI in accordance with the Privacy Statement in effect at the time it was collected unless we provide you with the new notice and/or obtain your consent, as appropriate.