Dosage & administration
Adults:For opioid-naïve and opioid non-tolerant patients, initiate with 10mg tablets orally every 12 hours. See full prescribing informationfor instructions on conversion from opioids to OXYCONTIN, titrationand maintenance of therapy.
Pediatric Patients 11 Years of Age and Older
Geriatric Patients: In debilitated, opioid non-tolerant geriatric patients, initiatedosing at one third to one half the recommended starting dosage andtitrate carefully.
Patients withHepatic Impairment: Initiate dosing at one third to onehalf the recommended starting dosage and titrate carefully.
Oxycontin prescribing information
Oxycontin financial assistance options
Co-pay savings program
- Reduce patient OOP costs for drug (and occasionally for drug administration/infusion costs or drug-related test costs)
- A portion (or all) of patient OOP (deductible, copay), typically up to monthly and/or annual max
- Patient must enroll or activate (may permit HCPs to enroll on patient’s behalf for HCP-administered drugs)
- Generally, must have commercial insurance (rarely, may permit uninsured patients to use)
- May never be used with government insurance
How to sign up
- Cards may be downloadable digital cards or hard copies
- Some pharmacos offer debit cards with pre-loaded copay benefit
- Typically, available through multiple channels (e.g., rep to HCP to patient; pharmacy to patient; patient via website, Hub live agent, or copay vendor (live agent or IVR); patient and HCP via Hub enrollment form)
- Some HCP-administered product programs permit HCPs to enroll on a patient’s behalf through via Hub form